Wednesday, March 10, 2010

teach me how to use the love that people say you make



If I could live in the highlights of last night, I just might nestle in like a hot cup of tea.

Aaron and I began the day intense as our love is, and reconciled over the musk and heritage at the St. Clair antique mall. We like to pretend like we have a home to adorn with precious plates and doilies. Or maybe that's just me.

We then clamored to Ann Arbor for our valentines concert. I spent an obscene amount of cash on book paper and cloths at Hollanders that I hope I find a use for somehow. If you have never heard of The Low Anthem, or The Avett Brothers, and you have a diverse taste in music- you need to know this.

Aaron is in a heated, cerebral romance with The Low Anthem and their untraditional use of instruments and sound.
I however am intoxicated by the Carolina brothers. Their enthusiasm, voices, movement and message free me. To put it lightly I'm in love.

I work like hell, and it is these moments that make me still feel connected. To what it was I longed to be.

Basically I am over this dead end lifestyle and pretty much intent on becoming a groupie. It sounds so much more promising.

The Avett Brothers at the Ann Arbor, MI show.
Listen to them here.

The Avett Bros actually held a free acoustic concert and signing before the show that they streamed live on their facebook page. We couldn't make it out for it; but ended up bumping into The Low Anthem after the show. They signed Aaron's shirt- and I think his heart was close to exploding with joy.

No comments: