Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gaga


"Lady Gaga"
36"X 48"

I am so excited to say Lady Gaga is finished! She has been on my back-burner for sadly a year now. Signing the bottom of a painting is such a wonderful feeling. This was a commissioned piece for my friend and co-worker Karl. Karl also works a million odd jobs and thankfully was understanding and patient with the process. I hope he likes it. I am very pleased with how the issues such as the necklace, lace, and feathers resolved. I don't think I have ever done a painting with so many challenges together. I'm usually a straight portrait kinda gal- but this was a good feeling to accomplish.

Aaron came home with this lovely package for me today! The Avett Brother's brand new Live Volume 3 DVD, CD, bandana, and t-shirt (missing). Happy early Sweetest Day to me! So I have been watching/ listening all afternoon. Life is so good today.


No comments: